(Makes 7-8 cinnamon ornaments)
1 cup ground cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cloves
¾ cup applesauce
2 Tbsp. tacky glue
Christmas cookie cutters (metal, smaller shapes work best)
Red and green holiday fabric ribbon (narrow-width)
Glitter glue in Christmas colors
1. Combine spices with applesauce. Add glue and knead it well with your hands until the mixture forms into a stiff dough.
2. Dust a flat surface lightly with cinnamon and roll out the dough ¼" thick.
3. Cut the dough into stars, bells, trees, candy canes, angels, and other Christmas shapes with cookie cutters.
4. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper and lay the cut-out ornaments on top of the waxed paper.
5. Gently poke a hole at the top of each cinnamon ornament with a small, plastic straw.
6. Place the ornaments in a safe place and dry them naturally for 2-4 days. To dry evenly, turn the ornaments 2 or 3 times a day.
7. When the ornaments are completely dry, decorate them with glitter glue and ribbon.
8. When you're finished, hang your handmade ornaments on the Christmas tree and throughout the house for a delightfully spicy smell!