Want to personalize your Switched-On Schoolhouse® report cards for your homeschooling records or portfolio? In this month's "What's on Your Mind," Alpha Omega Publications® shows you how to add your homeschool's name to your child's SOS report card.
Have other questions you would like answered in the next edition of the Homeschool View®? Submit your question today!
Q: How can I get the name of our homeschool on my child's SOS report card?
- Robert G., Cherryville, NC
A: To create a custom-designed SOS report card for your child that includes your homeschool's name, simply follow the procedure below:
1. Click on "Report Card" under the Reports tab on the bottom-left of your Switched-On Schoolhouse teacher homepage.
2. On the report card screen, select a term and choose either "Report by Term" or "Report by Date Ranges" to display grades by quarters, semesters, or year. Then, choose grade display options (letter, percent, or both), select your student, and click "Preview" at the bottom of your screen.
3. Download and save your child's grades in an electronic file by clicking the "export report" icon located on the left-hand side of the top toolbar. Then, choose desktop as your "Save in" location, enter a "File name", select Microsoft Word.doc from the drop-down menu as your "Save as type:", and save.
4. Open the saved file, highlight the SOS title text field by double clicking it, and adjust the size of the box by dragging the black squares.
5. Delete "Switched-On Schoolhouse" in the text field, insert the name of your homeschool, and save. Your custom-designed SOS report card is now complete!