Things a Homeschool Mom Would Never Say
• "I'm fine. I've got this homeschooling thing all figured out!"
• "Go ahead kids, leave all the lights on. It makes the house feel more cheery!"
• "Well, if Susie's mom says it's okay, that's good enough for me!"
• "You don't like math? That's fine! We'll just skip that subject this year."
• "I'm sure that book is interesting. You just stay up all night and finish reading it."
• "Don't worry about picking up your room, we'll hire a maid."
• "I'm worried about your socialization. I think you should go out more with friends your own age."
• "You think your chores are too hard? I'll do them, so you'll have more free time to play."
• "If it's on the Internet, it must be good information. Surf whatever sites you want."
• "Essay writing is so difficult. Just write a few short sentences instead, so you can finish your English assignment."
• "I don't want you to feel deprived. Let me buy you a new cell phone, so you can talk to your friends and text them whenever you want."
• "‘I don't know' is a good answer!"
• "The Bible has plenty of room for interpretation. Just believe whatever seems right."
• "Let's practice ‘real world' skills today and bully your brother and sister."
• "It's okay. You don't have to follow the directions in your lessons."
• "I'm feeling so organized today. Want to go mess up the living room just for fun?
Mother's Day Quotes to Live by
• "A mother understands what a child does not say."
• "While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."
• "The two most important things a mother can give a child are first roots and then wings."
• "Real mothers know that a child's growth is not measured by height, years, or grades. It is marked by the progression of Mama to Mommy to Mother."
• "Children will not remember you for the material things you provided but for the feeling that you cherished them." - Richard L. Evans
• "I regard no man as poor who has a godly mother." - Abraham Lincoln
• "He who teaches children learns more than they do." - German Proverb
• "Children are the anchors that hold a mother to life." - Sophocles
• "The heart of a mother is a deep abyss at the bottom of which you will always find forgiveness."
- Honore de Balzac
• "A mother's love is patient and forgiving when all others are forsaking. It never fails or falters, even though the heart is breaking." - Helen Rice
• "The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom." - Henry Ward Beecher
• "Mother was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries." - T. DeWitt Talmage
• "You don't have to deserve your mother's love. You have to deserve your father's. He's more particular."
- Robert Frost
• "The angels, whispering to one another can find, among their burning terms of love, none so devotional as that of ‘Mother.'" - Edgar Allan Poe
• "That best academy, a mother's knee." - James Russell Lowell
Mother's Day Stories to Make You Smile
After putting her children to bed, an overly tired homeschool mom changed into old slacks and a worn out blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. At last she put a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with severe warnings. While leaving the room, she overheard her three-year-old say with a shaky voice, "Who was 'that'?"
During devotions one morning, a homeschool mom reviewed the previous day's Bible lesson and asked her children why Joseph and Mary took Jesus with them to Jerusalem. Her youngest thought a moment and replied, "They couldn't get a baby-sitter."