God has given homeschoolers a voice and a message that needs to be communicated to our communities - there is a safer and better alternative for educating your children. Jesus Christ and prayer have been methodically factored out of the schools for too long, and the result is a new generation that does not know the Lord. Putting security guards and x-ray scanners in front of schools is not going to keep the violence out. The problem of people hurting each other is much deeper than that - hearts need to be changed by teaching the truths of the Bible to our children so society will come back in repentance to God.
You have the knowledge to convince a public disillusioned about education and school safety to homeschool. You can also give them advice on curriculum choices, scheduling, organizing, and other aspects of homeschooling. They will need to know practical steps on how to give their child a quality education as well as a safe education. Below are a few more things you can do to educate an uninformed public about homeschooling and make a difference as a homeschooling parent and family.
- Invite interested families to your home to view a typical homeschooling day.
- Write editorials to your local newspaper and communicate the benefits of a homeschooling lifestyle.
- Have your homeschooling support group organize a community forum to answer questions to those needing information in getting started. The Homeschooler's Guide to Getting Started whitepaper on the Alpha Omega Publications® web site is a great resource.
- Ask your pastor and church leadership if you can present information to the membership about homeschooling.
- Contact your community college and offer to teach an instructional night class on how to start homeschooling.
"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God." (2 Timothy 3:1-4)