With the busyness of the holiday rush and the constant bombardment of commercialism at this time of the year, it becomes easy to lose focus on what is truly important. Put things in proper perspective with this lighthearted look at the real reason for the season.
Why Jesus Is Better Than Santa Claus - Author Unknown
- • Santa lives at the North Pole, but Jesus is everywhere.
• Santa rides in a sleigh, but Jesus rides on the wind and walks on the water.
• Santa comes once a year, but Jesus is an ever present help.
• Santa fills your stockings with goodies, but Jesus supplies all your needs.
• Santa comes down your chimney uninvited, but Jesus stands at your door and knocks.
• You have to wait in line to see Santa, but Jesus is as close as the mention of His name.
• Santa lets you sit on his lap, but Jesus lets you rest in His arms.
• Santa doesn't know your name, but Jesus knew our name before we did.
• Santa has a belly like a bowl full of jelly, but Jesus has a heart full of love.
• All Santa can offer is "HO HO HO," but Jesus offers health, help, and hope.
• Santa says, "You better not cry," but Jesus says, "Cast all your cares on me."
• Santa's little helpers make toys, but Jesus makes new life and mends wounded hearts.
• Santa may make you chuckle, but Jesus gives you joy that is your strength.
• While Santa puts gifts under your tree, Jesus became our gift and died on a tree.