The latest upgrade includes a new Forgot Password link that makes it easier for users to retrieve their passwords. Monarch also now features a new school days counter. Located in the teacher's Lesson Plan tab and the student's My Schoolwork tab, this counter enables homeschool families to see how many school days have been scheduled for the year.
Many improvements also have been made to make grading easier. By clicking Review Student Work, you now have the ability to see both the student's answer and the correct answer. Also, a new teacher Skip button allows parents and students to ignore a problem if an error occurs within an assignment. Plus, more specific names have been assigned to the following four action buttons:
- • Reschedule to replace Regenerate
• View Answer Key to replace View
• Review Student Work to replace Review
• Submit Answer to replace Grade
Other functionality improvements include a lesson format that hides problems by default until the student clicks Show Questions and quicker teacher access to lessons and questions by clicking new assignment and problem labels in the Lesson Plan's left side panel.
Monarch also offers four new desktop designs for a homeschooling experience that's truly your own.
1. Autumn Market - Harvest a bounty of homeschool success with this fall theme that pictures the delicious fruit from a farmer's pumpkin patch.
2. Noah's Ark - Build a lifelong love of learning with this inspiring scene that captures a Christian's hope in the promises of God.
3. Fish Bowl - Enjoy the vibrant colors of this bubbly aquatic scene.
4. Planet Farm - Make homeschooling even more fun with a wonderful world of friendly, farmyard animals.
Navigating to any of these new Monarch themes is easy. Simply click the Change Theme link under the Application tab on the homepage dashboard and select the option you'd like to display. The new image you've chosen then appears and can be updated at any time.
Monarch Software Fixes
• Drag and drop answers can now be appropriately placed within problems.
• Lessons without answers that are opened and marked complete are no longer moved when the Reschedule (Regenerate) function is selected.
• The Daily Work Report has improved running performance to avoid timeout issues.
• Skipped problems already noted by the teacher no longer incorrectly appear on the teacher's grading task.
• The grade report now observes start and end dates in relation to the date in the header.
Should you have any questions or need assistance in using any of Monarch's new features, please visit Monarch technical support online or call 888-891-4958. Our regular business hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CT).
Give Us Your Feedback!
We'd love to hear your suggestions on how Monarch can be improved even more. Simply, visit our Monarch feedback report, select Suggestion Report as the first option, and let us know what you think. Your feedback helps make Monarch better, and we greatly appreciate it!
Also, please let us know if you're interested in sharing your experiences with the rest of the Monarch community. We'll be highlighting customer success stories on our blog in the future, and we would love to share your story!