2013 Homeschool Social Media Awards Rules
1. How to Enter: No purchase is necessary. Eligible entrants may be nominated by completing and submitting the entry form at http://www.aophomeschooling.com/homeschool-social-media-awards/.
2. Prizes: Eleven winners will be chosen. Grand Prize (determined by the nominee with the most overall votes): One set of Alpha Omega Publications curriculum in any AOP brand and grade level of his/her choice and three AOP subjects to give to three different recipients of his/her choice. Maximum retail value: $776.80. Category prizes: Category winners will receive a graphical badge of recognition to place on their websites.
3. Eligibility: Entrants must be 18 years of age or older. Employees of Alpha Omega Publications or any of its affiliated or associated companies (collectively AOP), and their immediate families with whom they reside are not eligible to win. The definition of immediate family as it pertains to these rules includes mother, father, brother, sister, spouse, and child.
4. Nomination and Voting Dates: Nominations may be submitted at http://www.aophomeschooling.com/homeschool-social-media-awards/ from May 16, 2013, through midnight (PT) on May 31, 2013. Persons may be nominated for more than one category. Go to http://www.aophomeschooling.com/homeschool-social-media-awards/ to vote. Nominees in each category may be voted for once a day every day until the contest ends at midnight (PT) on Jun 12, 2013.
5. Selection of Winners: Winners will be determined based on the number of votes received. The grand prize winner will be contacted by email, Twitter, or Facebook. In the event that a winner is unable to be reached in that manner within 48 hours, the next highest-voted nominee will receive the grand prize.
6. Probability of Winning: The probability of winning will depend on how many categories each nominee has been nominated for and the total number of votes made for the nominee received before the deadline in accordance with these rules.
7. No Substitions by Winners: Each prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and cannot be transferred. Each prize has no cash equivalent.
8. Decisions Final: All decisions made by AOP with respect to all aspects of these awards are final and not subject to challenge. These rules may be amended at any time by AOP without notice. AOP expressly reserves the right to take any steps it deems necessary in its absolute discretion, including the limiting of entries and the exclusion of entrants in order to ensure that the awards are conducted in a fair way for all entrants and AOP.
9. No Liability: AOP and its employees, agents, and representatives shall not be responsible in any way for any loss or damage arising from the use of the prizes awarded in this contest or the entry by participants herein. AOP assumes no responsibility or liability for any risk associated with the acceptance or use of the prizes awarded as part of this contest or any liability associated with online or electronic entries, and expressly disclaims liability from loss or damage to a participant's computer system, however caused, arising from bugs, viruses, or technical failures in any way associated with or arising from online or electronic entries.
10. Lost Entries: AOP is not responsible for any lost, misdirected, or delayed entries.
11. Applicable Laws: This contest is subject to all applicable state and federal laws and regulations, and any dispute relating hereto will be determined by a Maricopa County, Arizona, court applying Arizona law. Void where prohibited.
12. Personal Information: The personal information obtained from the nominations survey will not be used or disclosed by AOP for any purpose whatsoever other than general contest administration, continued customer and potential customer relations, and the purpose set forth in these rules.